The Localize Translation Management System (TMS) delivers the most advanced platform on the market today, with all the tools you need to effectively manage your translation workflow.
The Localize TMS dashboard makes it easy to manage, organize, and translate all content in your website, mobile apps, files, and more!
We provide 3 main methods for localizing your content:
- Localize for Web
- Used for websites and web apps, Localize for Web offers automated content detection and management of your content.
- Localize for Mobile
- Used for mobile app localization, this files-based approach allows you to import and export your content for use in your mobile apps.
- Localize for Documents
- Manage the translation process for all of your external documents right in your Localize dashboard.
If you are localizing web sites, mobile apps and files, you can manage all of your localization efforts in one seamless platform!
Watch this short video to get a quick overview of how Localize for Web works.
(Click here for a more detailed description on how translations get delivered to end users.)
By integrating Localize into your website, Localize can begin to:
- Identify text content in your application, bringing it into the dashboard to be translated
- Replace the text in your site with translated text (after translations have been added)
- Adapt the text for pluralization and variables
- Help you go global!
When developing a mobile app, content is typically stored in files that are loaded into the app with a separate file for each target language supported in the app.
Localize for Mobile provides various methods to import and export files in advanced file formats that are typically used in mobile app projects like Android XML and iOS Strings. Importing and exporting can be done via the:
Once imported, you can use your Localize dashboard to manage your translation workflow, including ordering human translations directly within the dashboard.
With Localize for Documents you can manage the translation process for all of your external documents right in your Localize dashboard.
- Upload your source documents
- Allow translators to download source documents for translation
- Translators then upload the translated documents
With your Localize dashboard you can:
- View content and translations
- Add or remove languages
- Translate content
- Order translations (machine or human) directly from the dashboard
- Invite team members, including translators
- Create User Groups
- Use our Task Manager
- Create Project Announcements
- And much more
Localize allows your visitors to learn more about you and your business in their preferred language. It only takes a few minutes to get started. You can sign up for a Free Trial by following these instructions.
Use your Google Login
You have the option of creating your Localize user account by using your Google login.
Simply click the button when creating your user account.
First create your user account by filling in your personal information.
Your email address will be your login name. You also have the option of signing up with your Google account.
Next enter your company information.
Fill in the form to create your first Project.
Select your source language and what language you want your application to be translated to, your target language. If you are translating to multiple languages, you can add them here or add them later.
You have the option to create a Website/Web App or Mobile App project.
- Website/Web App:
- Uses the Localize code snippet to automatically find all content in your website/web app.
- Mobile App:
- For use in a files-based approach to localization, typical in most mobile apps.
Dig deeper with our complete Localize Video Walkthrough:
- You can click on a chapter marker to jump to different parts of the video.
- Or view all of the available chapters by clicking on the chapter list icon.
This diagram visually shows the relationships between Organizations and Projects in the Localize TMS.
Click on the diagram to view it larger.
- Each paid Localize subscription (or free trial) is associated with its own Organization.
- An Organization can have multiple Projects.
- Team Members are counted based on the Organization.
- The following are counted across all Projects in your Subscription Plan:
- Number of Pageviews
- Number of Machine language translations
- Number of REST API calls
Localize is a fully self-serve product. We do not manage translators, check translation quality, or approve/block/publish content on your behalf (even for our Enterprise customers!).
- All content within a Project is associated with a unique Project Key.
- Target Language usage is counted per Project.
- You can have different languages in each of your Projects, as long as the total number of languages in any one Project doesn't exceed your plan limits.
- Project Announcements are specific to that Project.
- A Project Key may be shared (with translations for content) across multiple domains at no additional cost.
- This allows you to use one Project to manage all content across multiple domains, if desired.
We're here to help, whether you are new to Localize or a current customer.
We're happy to discuss your localization needs and determine if Localize is a good fit. Reach out to our sales team using any of the following options:
- Email [email protected]
- Call our direct line at +1 (415) 651-7030
- Schedule a call with a Product Expert on our Scheduling page
Click on the support icon in the top navigation bar. Then select one of the many ways available to help yourself, or reach out and let us help you.
Visit our Help Center to get quick answers to commonly asked questions. (where you are now!)
Developer? Dig deeper into our Developer Docs.
Visit our Community Forum where you can ask questions, provide answers, and share tips, tricks and more.
Need help? Submit a ticket to our customer support team. We’re here to help!
Have questions? Book a call with a member of our customer success team.
Updated about 2 months ago