SAML SSO Setup for JumpCloud
Allow your users to login to Localize using JumpCloud as the Identity Provider
With SAML SSO for JumpCloud, your users will be able to login with their JumpCloud login, simplifying and securing their login to the Localize dashboard.
Click here for a general overview of the SAML SSO setup and login processes.
Setting up SAML SSO
The setup is similar for different IdPs. Below we provide the detailed steps for setting up a SAML SSO application using JumpCloud.
Step 1: Enable SAML SSO in Localize
First you'll need to enable the use of SAML SSO across your Localize Organization.
- Navigate to the Settings page under the Manage Organization menu item.
- Check the box next to Enable SAML SSO
This will display important information for Localize as the Service Provider (SP). You'll use this info later in the process.
Step 2: Create your SAML Application in JumpCloud
Next you'll need to use the information provided by Localize in the SSO Settings panel to create and set up your SAML application in JumpCloud.
- Open a new browser tab and login as an administrator to the JumpCloud Admin Portal
- Choose Applications from side menu
- Click the + button and choose Custom SAML APP at the bottom of the right side popup that appears.
- In the page that appears, under Details -> General Info -> Display Label enter a name for the app.
- Under Single Sign-On Configuration, enter the following information by copying-and-pasting from the Localize tab.
|Identifier (Entity ID)||Localize-SSO||The unique Localize SP entity ID.|
|ACS URL||(Copy and paste from the Localize settings page)||The Localize endpoint that's responsible for receiving and parsing your SAML assertion.|
|Sign on URL||https://app.localizejs.com||The URL at Localize that starts the SAML login process.|
- Also set the following values:
|SAMLSubject NameID Format||urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:nameid-format:emailAddress|
|IdP-Initiated URL (optional)||https://app.localizejs.com|
|IdP URL||Modify it or leave it as default value|
- Click Save
- After saving, click on the application created, click Export Metadata.
a. Download the file and name it metadata.xml.
- Copy the IdP URL
Step 3: Enter the IdP Details in Localize
- Switch to the Localize browser tab
- Paste the IdP URL endpoint into the IdP URL field.
- Open the metadata.xml file that you downloaded, copy the contents, and paste them into the Metadata text box.
- Click Save
Step 4: Configuring Users
- Switch back to the JumpCloud browser tab.
- Click Groups in the left side menu
- Click + and create a group that can access Localize
- Click on Applications in the left side menu.
- Select the application you just created above.
- In the User Groups section enable the user group you just created.
- Click Save
- Click Users in the left side menu
- For each user you want to add to the new group, select the user and add them to the new group.
a. Make sure that the email addresses your users use to sign in to Localize match the email addresses they use to sign into JumpCloud.
- Click Save User after adding each user to the group.
Updated almost 2 years ago