Quickstart for Mobile
Getting started with Localize For Mobile is simple and shouldn't take more than a few minutes. If you haven't already, first follow the instructions for Signing Up and creating your first Mobile App project.
We typically recommend that you get a quick start by manually importing some source data file(s) and exporting your translation file(s) using the Localize dashboard, followed by optimizing your workflow using the Localize CLI.
Step 1: Import Your Source Content
- To get started with the files-based approach used in Localize For Mobile, navigate to the File Import/Export page in your dashboard.
- Follow the instructions here for importing your source content file.
Step 2: Translate your Content
- Translate your content using any of the following methods:
- Translate directly in the Localize dashboard
- Order human translations
Step 3: Export your Translations
- Export your translated content for use in your mobile app.
Watch this short video to learn how to get started.
Ask your developers to look at how to:
- Optimize your translation workflow by using the Localize CLI to quickly push source content to Localize and later pull back the translations.
- Use the Localize REST API to make it easier for you to automate your workflow and integrate Localize with your existing tools.
- Use our npm module, @localize/node, a Node-based wrapper for Localize’s REST API.
- Create a new phrase or edit an existing one directly in your Localize dashboard.
If you are a developer, you can also visit our Developer Docs to find more in-depth instructions.
Updated 6 months ago