(not applicable in Mobile App projects)
You can change the following Localize Library settings to customize Localize functionality in your Project.
These settings can be enabled/disabled from the Project Settings: Library Settings page.
- Simply toggle on/off the following settings and select Save.
By default, Localize will automatically detect the visitor's preferred language from their browser settings and select that language (if your website supports it).
By default, Localize will automatically archive phrases that have not been seen on your website in over 24 days. This option improves performance by minimizing the translation file size delivered to your website visitors. The phrases are moved to the Archive: Deprecated bin.
- You can change the default number of days before a phrase is archived by entering a different number in the Days until deprecation text field, then click Save.
- If you don't want your phrases to be deprecated at all, simply deselect this option and click Save.
Select this checkbox to have Localize bring specific meta tags found in the
<head> of your website into the dashboard where they can be translated. (this option is enabled by default)
See which tags are supported and read more about the importance of translating meta tags here...
Page Tags not Included
Enabling this setting won't also bring in the page's tag from the <head>, unless you have the Translate title tags option also enabled.
Select this checkbox to automatically translate aria-label attributes found on your website.
- Any content found in an aria-label attribute will be brought into the dashboard as a new phrase, allowing it to be translated.
- This is useful when you are working to support screen readers.
By default, Localize will automatically find the tags for all pages in your website and bring them into your dashboard as phrases.
If you don't want your page tags to be found, simply deselect this option and click Save.
Select this checkbox to enable the localization of images in your Project. (this option is disabled by default)
- Image URLs will appear as phrases which will allow you to provide an alternate image for different languages.
- The system label lz-image will be automatically added to all image "phrases" so you can easily filter your phrases to find all images.
Select this checkbox to enable the localization of tags in your Project. (this option is disabled by default)
- Audio source SRCs will appear as phrases which will allow you to provide an alternate audio file for different languages.
- The system label lz-audio will be automatically added to all audio "phrases" so you can easily filter your phrases to find all audio files.
Enabling this setting will save additional debug information, including:
- The browser user agent that requested the phrase
- The HTML surrounding the phrase when it was saved
To view this information, click on the drop-down arrow at the top/right of a phrase and select the "Information" link. For more information on what's available in the information panel, click here.
By default this option is disabled. The Localize team may ask you to turn this on when you are experiencing problems using Localize, in an effort to track down the problem. Normally this option should remain disabled for performance reasons.
Updated about a month ago