Knowing a bit about how Localize works will help you in making decisions about how best to organize your content into Localize Projects. Sometimes having all content in one Project makes sense, other times it's best to split it into multiple projects.
If you have a lot of content to localize, the localization process can be better managed if some up-front planning is done for how to group that content into separate Projects.
First, you might want to check out our help doc on How Translations Get to Your Website.
The following recommendations are based on the way that Localize works, and on the types of content you are translating.
- If your content is grouped into logical areas, you may want a separate Project for each area.
- For example: If you have a separate blog site, or a separate help site, creating a Project for each separate site/area is recommended.
- You may also want to keep any mobile app content separate from your website content.
- Since the workflows for getting content translated for a mobile app are sometimes different than those for translating website content, having separate Projects helps in managing the translation workflows.
- Different content areas may require different translation quality levels (machine vs human).
- For example, legal or security content will probably require human translations.
- The decision for creating multiple Projects should also take into account the amount of content that you have in total across all content in your Organization (see below).
- Based on the amount of content across the web properties and apps that you are localizing, we recommend the following for optimizing performance.
- You probably should think about separating your content into multiple Projects, if possible, using the other guidelines here.
- If you have a large amount of content to translate, we highly recommend separating your content into separate Projects.
- This will help make the initial load time for any one Project quicker than if all content was in one large Project.
- Separating the content into smaller more logical chunks should also help in the localization process.
- Use the other best practices in this guide for examples of how best to separate your content into multiple Projects.
Updated about a month ago