The Site Editor allows you to make simple changes to the source content (i.e. native language) of your website using the Localize dashboard, without having to go through the expensive and time-consuming process of involving your development team.
To enable the Site Editor, click the Site Editor checkbox in your Project Settings: Project Profile.
You will also need to modify your team permissions here, and add the Site Editor permission to the desired team member(s) and project(s).
- Click Manage Access on the Team page for each team member that will be using the Site Editor.
- You can either add the permission across all projects, or grant it for specific projects.
Owner Role Permissions
Permission to use the Site Editor will be automatically granted to team members that have the owner role.
To bring up the Site Editor, select the Site Editor link in the main navigation area.
- To edit content, select the Edit source link below the content.
- This will display the editing text field:
- Make any changes necessary and select Publish
- The changes are saved, and the phrase is marked as being edited by the current user.
This is the page in the website before the edit (in the source language):
...and this is the page after the edit:
Translations not Affected
Keep in mind that after you change a source content phrase, any translations that were previously made for that phrase may no longer match, and you may have to update the translation(s).
For each piece of content that you edit, you can add labels, context and view information about the content, just like you can in the Phrases editor.
You can filter your edited source content phrases by the person or people that edited the content.
You can filter your source content based on when the phrase was added to the dashboard. Simply select a time period to filter the content.
You can filter your source content based on the top-level folder/page name in your site. Simply select a page name to filter the content, or search for a page name.
You can also search for specific phrases using the Search field.
Updated 2 days ago