The following is an overview of other features available in your Localize dashboard, which you may use in your localization process.
In order to begin translating your site, you must approve the phrases you wish to be translated.
Localize will automatically generate machine translations from Google Translate for each phrase you approve. We recommend using machine translations for testing purposes only, since the quality of machine translations aren't very good.
To professionally translate your content, you can:
- Order translations from our network of professional translators
- Propose and Edit Translations
- Invite your in-house translation team to your Localize account to translate your content.
- Review Translations using the In-Context Editor
Provide your translators with visual context when adding and editing translations, so they can see where translations appear in your website.
You can customize the default language-switching widget to better match the branding in your website. See how here...
You can add more languages to your project from the Languages page.
When you are ready, you can subscribe to a plan after your Free Trial!
Please refer to the following guides for advanced integration steps:
- HTML Syntax. Must-read if integrating with a dynamic application/website
- Backend API. API endpoints for managing phrases and translations on the backend
- CLI. Command Line Interface for importing and exporting string files
We hope this was a helpful introduction to the Localize platform!
Get in touch with us if you have any questions. We're here to help.
Updated 3 months ago